FEBRUARY 4, 2017 - New Location: South Shore
A great cure for cabin fever! See how you can enjoy Moraine State Park even in the winter! Get Chili CookOff info here!
CLICK A LINK TO GET MORE INFO!
[WinterFest Flyer] [Chili Cookoff] [Vendor Application] [Non Profit Application]
• 5K Run/Walk [Mail in Registration Form :: Online Registration Form :: Course Map]
• Chili Cook-off
• Visit with “Iceburgh” the Pittsburgh Penguin Mascot
• Ice Carving
• Horse-drawn Wagon Rides
• Dog sleds
• Live Music
• Snowshoe Workshop
• Chainsaw Carving
• North Country Trail Hike
• Cross-country Skiing
• Family snow fun
• Smokey the Bear
Winterfest has teamed up with the Lawrence County Habitat for Humanity Douse for a House. Registration will start at 11 AM. We will give awards for top individual fundraisers and top team fundraisers at 12:15 PM and the actual plunge will take place at 1 PM. Winterfest activities will take place from 11 AM-4 PM. All people who intend to plunge must purchase a ticket and sign a waiver. There is an early bird special until January 6, 2017! Get your family and friends to sponsor your plunge and donate to the Lawrence County Habitat for Humanity today! We are looking forward to an exciting but cold event this year and hope to raise enough money to start our next house for a new family in need!
Sponsored by: Moraine Preservation Fund, Moraine State Park, Butler County Tourism, M & M Lime Co., Inc.
MPF members will be treated to a free cruise on Saturday, June 4 at 1:00 or 3:00. Call now to make your reservation. Thank you for all you do!
2016 MORAINE WINTERFEST
January 16, 2016
McDanel’s Launch Area - North Shore
Bigger and Better! [Click Here for Vendor Application]
Sponsorships are available - [Click Here for Sponsorship Info]
6th ANNUAL MPF CHILI COOKOFF
Date: January 16, 2016
Winterfest at Moraine State Park
Location: McDanel's Launch Area – North Shore
Email to sign up at email@example.com
• Only 15 participants allowed (first 15 to register)
• Quantity: Must use at least 5lbs ground meat as a standard
• Please provide a brief summary of your recipe and spicy level via email (i.e. spicy, venison, chicken, or other unique ingredients).
• We have a limited supply of propane camp stoves. Please bring as hot as possible
• If you have your own propane stove, please notify us as this would be helpful. Pots should be sized to fit double burner camp stove. Do not bring a crock pot. There is no electricity available.
• MPF will supply bowls, spoons, crackers, napkins. You only need to bring the chili and a serving spoon
• Entry Fee – None
• Judged by panel of 5-10 judges
• Your chili will be sold to the public in our concession area after judging (proceeds benefit the Moraine Preservation Fund)
• Prizes are awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and people’s choice winners and announced by the Band on the main stage
• Participants should arrive by 11AM
• Leave your chili and enjoy Winterfest. We’ll have volunteers to serve. Winners will be notified by mid-afternoon. We ask that you return to pick up your pot at end of event or when sold out.
• Report to the pavilion at 11:30 AM
• Taste all chili
• Vote for your top 3
*** Email to sign up or with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2016 WINTERFEST 5K RUN/WALK held on January 16th.
1st place -- Brittni Geibel (time was 22:50)
2nd place -- Leah Myers (time was 23:09)
3rd place -- Ava Dzurenda (time was 25:32)
1st place -- Noah Bowser (time was 19:07)
2nd place -- Jason Smith (time was 19:26)
3rd place -- Nathan Dongilli (time was 20:01)