2016 MORAINE WINTERFEST
January 16, 2016
McDanel’s Launch Area - North Shore
Bigger and Better! [Click Here for Vendor Application]
Sponsorships are available - [Click Here for Sponsorship Info]
6th ANNUAL MPF CHILI COOKOFF
Date: January 16, 2016
Winterfest at Moraine State Park
Location: McDanel's Launch Area – North Shore
Email to sign up at email@example.com
• Only 15 participants allowed (first 15 to register)
• Quantity: Must use at least 5lbs ground meat as a standard
• Please provide a brief summary of your recipe and spicy level via email (i.e. spicy, venison, chicken, or other unique ingredients).
• We have a limited supply of propane camp stoves. Please bring as hot as possible
• If you have your own propane stove, please notify us as this would be helpful. Pots should be sized to fit double burner camp stove. Do not bring a crock pot. There is no electricity available.
• MPF will supply bowls, spoons, crackers, napkins. You only need to bring the chili and a serving spoon
• Entry Fee – None
• Judged by panel of 5-10 judges
• Your chili will be sold to the public in our concession area after judging (proceeds benefit the Moraine Preservation Fund)
• Prizes are awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and people’s choice winners and announced by the Band on the main stage
• Participants should arrive by 11AM
• Leave your chili and enjoy Winterfest. We’ll have volunteers to serve. Winners will be notified by mid-afternoon. We ask that you return to pick up your pot at end of event or when sold out.
• Report to the pavilion at 11:30 AM
• Taste all chili
• Vote for your top 3
*** Email to sign up or with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2016 WINTERFEST 5K RUN/WALK held on January 16th.
1st place -- Brittni Geibel (time was 22:50)
2nd place -- Leah Myers (time was 23:09)
3rd place -- Ava Dzurenda (time was 25:32)
1st place -- Noah Bowser (time was 19:07)
2nd place -- Jason Smith (time was 19:26)
3rd place -- Nathan Dongilli (time was 20:01)